News & Announcements
Posted September 28, 2017
WRDSB recognizes Orange Shirt Day as a way to honour residential school survivors, those who did not survive, and their descendants. It’s just one of the ways we support, educate and reconcile our relationship with Indigenous people. What is Orange Shirt Day? Orange Shirt Day is observed September 30 and was first launched in 2013. […]
Posted September 22, 2017
All secondary students must update their password before September 30, 2017. If you don’t change your password your current password will expire and you will no longer be able to access WRDSB services including your Chromebook, eLearning and MyWay. For security reasons, WRDSB requires all users to reset their password every 90 days. Over the […]
Posted September 21, 2017
Friday, September 22, 2017 is a professional development day for Elementary and Secondary school staff. Students will not attend school school, but Extended Day Programs will operate for enrolled students from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. The focus for the day across all our schools will be School Improvement Planning in the morning and the completion of Mandatory […]
Posted September 20, 2017
Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) results in standardized tests for reading, writing and mathematics moved closer to the provincial average in results released by the Education, Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) today. WRDSB now exceeds the provincial average in Grade 9 (Applied) Mathematics and for first-time eligible students for the OSSLT. WRDSB improved results […]
Posted September 19, 2017
Here is the KEY INFORMATION for our SJAM students during CSLC!!
- The conference will affect you Sept. 26, 27, 28, and 29th.
- We have a half day Tuesday and NO regular classes on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- If you are bussed on Tuesday, your bus will take you home at your regular time.
- You have a choice; stay at home and complete your online lessons OR come to school for supervised study and access to the WRDSB Wifi.
- You can come to the 1600 or 1700 Pods during the conference for help or supervised study during the conference.
- You can stay home AND keep your perfect attendance record. Your online attendance will be recorded – you will do a Google form for each period and don’t forget to hit SUBMIT.
- We recommend you stay on a schedule and do your online classwork during the day every day, but you do not have to do your online lessons at the exact time of your usual class time.
- Talk to your teacher if you do not know how to access the lessons they will be posting.
- You can borrow a Chromebook from the Library for the week!
- Any unique circumstance to ask us about? Call your VP and we can help – 519-880-9979 or drop by their office.
Posted September 14, 2017
Students who missed BACAY Blitz Photo Day or require retakes – Edge Imaging returns to SJAM on Friday, October 6th for retakes in room 2115 (no appointment necessary – drop by the room to get photo taken).
Posted September 14, 2017
Parents of our newest Highlanders are invited to our Grade 9 Information Night on Thursday, September 21st, from 6:45 to 8:00pm.
6:45-7:15 – Welcome and General Introductions
- Principal’s Welcome
- Student Activities
- Chromebook Initiative
- Special Education Supports
- Open House Overview
7:15-8:00 – Open House (Tour Grade 9 Subject Areas/Meet Teachers)