For new student registration appointments, please contact our guidance secretary,
Ms. Cressman at 519-880-9979 (press 4 for Guidance office).
CLICK ON YOUR COUNSELLOR NAME BELOW TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT.
PLEASE NOTE – MS. LEMON WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FROM JAN. 24 TO FEB. 2 (BOOKING LINK TEMPORARILY DISABLED). STUDENTS ARE ASKED TO BOOK APPOINTMENTS OR CONTACT OTHER GUIDANCE STAFF FOR ANY URGENT MATTERS DURING THIS TIME.
Parents wishing to make an appointment to meet with guidance counsellors – please contact our guidance secretary to set up an appointment.
Please do not use the online booking system (for current students only).
2021-2022 GOOGLE CLASSROOM CODES:
If you aren’t already part of one of the guidance Google classrooms, please use the appropriate code to join! These classrooms will be used throughout the remainder of the year to provide important updates, etc. from SJAM guidance!
Class of 2022 (grade 12) – uyf5ea2
Class of 2023 (grade 11) – uuxjrxs
Class of 2024 (grade 10) – zj526i2
Class of 2025 (grade 9) – bcmc76x
GUIDANCE & STUDENT SUPPORT STAFF
Ms. Cressman (ext. 8-5520)
CHILD/YOUTH WORKERS (CYW):
Ms. Haertel (ext. 8-1609)
Ms. Gerth (ext. 8-1505)
Ms. Buchanan (ext. 8-5660)
HOW CAN YOUR GUIDANCE COUNSELLOR HELP YOU?
- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM
- Post-secondary planning & school information:
- career research and planning
- interest inventories/personal skills & knowledge surveys
- scholarships and financial aid for post-secondary
- university & college applications process
- apprenticeship and workplace pathways research
- SJAM Guide to Study in the US
- Course selections
- Change changes/pathway redirection
- Student well-being/anxiety support/mental health
- Class concerns – class work/teacher concerns/student concerns
- Study skills/work habits
- Student exchange programs
- Summer school and elearning courses
- Personal support
- Volunteer Action Centre http://www.volunteerwr.ca/
- See bulletin board outside the SJAM cafeteria
- Job searches/employment preparation