STUDENTS WITH URGENT CONCERNS/PERSONAL EMERGENCIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO COME TO GUIDANCE IMMEDIATELY, WITH OR WITHOUT A SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT.
For new student registration appointments, please contact our guidance secretary,
Ms. Cressman at 519-880-9979 (press 4 for Guidance office).
Parents wishing to meet with guidance counsellors – please contact our guidance secretary to set up an appointment. Please do not use the online booking system (for current students only).
Students wishing to make changes to course requests for 2019-2020 – you are required to complete a change request form and return it to the SJAM guidance office. Requests submitted after March break will be held until student timetabling is complete later in the semester. Counsellors will make changes where possible at that time.
SJAM GUIDANCE COUNSELLOR CASELOADS
(by student last name – please note changes from last year)
Ms. Hilliard (A-Dn) ext. 8-5525
Ms. Angel (Do-Ka) ext. 8-5529
Mr. Richardson (Kb-L, Z) ext. 8-5527
Mrs. Lemon (M-Q) ext. 8-5528
Mr. Todd (R-Y) ext. 8-5526
Ms. Cressman (ext. 8-5520)
CHILD/YOUTH WORKERS (CYW):
Ms. Haertel (ext. 8-1609)
Ms. Gerth (ext. 8-1505)
Ms. Buchanan (ext. 8-5660)
PEER SUPPORT TEACHER (GPP3OI):
HOW CAN YOUR GUIDANCE COUNSELLOR HELP YOU?
- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM
- Post-secondary planning & school information:
- career research and planning
- interest inventories
- university/college/apprenticeship/job application process
- SJAM Guide to Study in the US
- Course selections
- Class concerns – class work/teacher concerns/student concerns
- Study skills/work habits
- Student exchange programs
- Summer school, E-learning & night school
- Personal support
- Job search: