March 24th, 2020
Dear Sir John A Macdonald families,
I am writing to provide you with an update on the message we sent home on March 13.
We continue to be in regular contact with Region of Waterloo Public Health, and they have informed us that there is no new information relating to our school and a possible case of COVID-19. We hope this update will provide you with some reassurance.
Public Health continues to encourage all residents to take the following precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often and with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- cough or sneeze into your arm or elbow; if using a tissue to cover your cough, discard into the trash after use and wash your hands
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
When you are out in the community, please practice social distancing. Social distancing is an important measure to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. It requires you to keep a two-meter distance between you and another person, whenever possible.
Public Health continues to update its website regularly with relevant information relating to COVID-19 in our region. The website includes a self-assessment tool if you think you or a family member may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Public Health continues to experience high call volumes, and callers may be waiting for a long time. If you are looking for additional information or have questions, please email email@example.com
The WRDSB website is updated regularly with information on how COVID-19 is impacting our schools and community. You can find information and facts on how to slow the spread of the virus and resources for speaking with your children about the unprecedented time in which we find ourselves.
Please continue to monitor our school website for updates regarding the province-wide school closure. We will share information as it becomes available.